Maldives Post Limited is a 100%
Since the establishment of postal service in the country, over the course of 109 years of service, postal services witnessed different phases of development. Postal services have played a vital role as a basic communication medium in the country for many years. Today, Maldives Post Limited plays the role of National Postal Operator in the country as mandated by the Postal Law. The company operates in a competitive market facing
Mail represents the core business for Maldives Post. Apart from the traditional mail services rendered, Maldives Post is widely engaged in the provision of financial services and other agency services. Much of our focus has been on improving and expanding the portfolio of our products and services in line with the changing needs of customers so as to form a platform for future growth
To meet customer’s changing needs by providing new and innovative products and services through friendly and knowledgeable staff and efficient networks.
To become a one-stop service
1. Provide basic postal services to all inhabited islands in line with the changing needs of our customers.
2. Ensure the postal service and other related services are at a standard and quality acceptable to all customers.
3. Diversification into
4. Ensure the smoothness in operations and create the desired culture and work environment to achieve Company objectives
5. Market the services provided by the Company to attain a deeper penetration into the market.
7. To coordinate with other postal administrations in the global postal network for safer and reliable movement of mails.
Universal Postal Union
Established in 1874, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), with its headquarters in the Swiss capital Berne, is the second oldest international organization worldwide
In this way, the organization
Maldives Post became a member of the UPU on 15th August 1967.
Asia Pacific Postal Union
The history of the APPU dates back to a postal roundtable held in Manila in 1961. At that
The APPU was based in Manila for the first 40 years of its history in recognition of the role played by the Philippines Government in its establishment. Since 2002 the APPU moved to Bangkok and the Director position was open to election by the member countries. The Director is chosen at the APPU Congress for a term of four years, with a maximum of two terms
Maldives Post Became a member of Asia Pacific Postal Union, the organization of Asia Pacific Postal Union on 1st July 1982.
Board of Directors
Our board of directors team
With years of postal sector experience, our senior management takes care of day to day operations of the company.